j2 Global, Inc. is an American publicly traded technology company based in Los Angeles, California. The company provides Internet services through two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
We are looking for a result-oriented individual who will be responsible to ensure the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of j2 Global’s data assets. The candidate will be responsible to monitor and detect risks to the organization, identify sources and methods of attack.
Information Security Engineer will be an innovative self-driven team player. We are a fast growing business around the globe. Application Security Engineer will be responsible for building security controls ground up. Automation is the key. Ability to balance the risk with business appetite is a must. Communication and interpersonal skills are required to build a partnership with various business units.
The Application Security Engineer is responsible for system policies and architecture, application security, system implementation, and security integration. This individual is also responsible for maintaining the highest level of competency in the security field by ongoing education and must possess a proactive attitude towards learning and applying security best practices.
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organization
- Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Integrate secure coding practices in current CI/CD environments, perform secure code review, assist developers to mitigate business critical vulnerabilities and attack vectors in web applications
- Work independently with developers, product owners, and other colleagues to ensure secure design, development, and implementation of our applications
- Evangelize secure code development practices internally
- Strong knowledge of web application security issues
- Ability to recognize application vulnerabilities and exploit them
- Familiar with dynamic and static analysis techniques, fuzzing, and secure coding practices
- Experience working with common security tools such as BurpSuite and Kali
- Perform Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing and propose remediation approaches to all business unit heads
- Knowledge of securing different on-prem and or cloud applications by using best security practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Engineering, Networking with relevant experience
- Industry standard security certifications are recommended.
- Must possess problem-solving skills and be able to think logically.
- Organization and priority setting skills required.
- Meet project schedules and communicate project status on a regular basis to supervisor.
- Work independently or as a team member on assigned projects.
- Attend meetings and seminars as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets