JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments is one of the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers of domestic and international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, merchant acquiring and processing FX and escrow solutions. With more than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, public sector agencies and non-government clients in over 180 countries across the globe, we offer specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market
Do you want to help transform the engines of global commerce from the core infrastructure to the networks, services and partners that sit on top of it? Do you want to apply cutting-edge technologies to real-world financial services opportunities and do so securely at scale? Do you want to help develop a broad community of developers and partners, each supporting the common goal of delivering safe, fast and frictionless global commerce? If so, we’d love to chat…
Liink, formerly known as the Interbank Information Network (IIN), is a production-grade, scalable, peer-to-peer blockchain-based network. Liink applications are purpose-built for addressing discrete banking needs. Live applications address long-standing problems in the financial ecosystem, including validating account information prior to payment (Confirm), streamlining payment-related compliance inquiries (Resolve), and validating payment message formats prior to initiating cross-border payments (Format). To date, over 400 financial institutions and corporates have signed up to join the network, including 25 of the world’s top 50 banks, representing 78 countries globally.
The Head of Business Development for Liink will be responsible for achieving financial goals, structuring and growing ecosystem partner and client relationships as well as building and managing a team of Business Development professionals across the globe. This is a key leadership role reporting directly to the Global Head of Business Development for the new business segment.
What will you do?
* Evaluate, structure and execute commercial agreements for this new portfolio of Liink services with target partners including public and private financial institutions, corporations and fintech players across the globe.
* Develop relationships and drive C-level engagements with partners across the global payments and fintech ecosystem.
* Build and manage a world-class team of Business Development managers in key global locations including the US, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
* Develop, manage and aggressively advance a robust client, partner and revenue pipeline on a global basis.
* Ensure internal teams are working on the right priorities to capitalize on market opportunities.
* Collaborate closely with product, design and tech teams to prototype new services and capabilities with clients, align and pivot product roadmaps, define reasonable economic models and serve as the voice of the client in all interactions.
* Support corporate development activities such as M&A, strategic investments, asset spinouts, etc.
* Help identify and develop external-facing thought leadership materials.
* Contribute to the overall strategy, business focus and resource allocation decision making for Liink.
* Raise and advocate for new, client and market-driven product and service concepts.
* Own the long term success, including financial metrics and shareholder value, of the partnerships we develop for this new business unit.
Skills we are seeking
* Ability to rapidly understand emerging technologies and business models and naturally see commercial opportunities.
* Ability to attract and mange talent, be a persuasive negotiator and thrive in a high intensity environment.
* Passion for creatively solving problems and an entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to adeptly pivot opportunities based on new information and market forces.
* Commercially-minded connector with a demonstrated ability to build and manage a large network of external partnerships.
* Contrarian mentality to uncover partnership opportunities with seemingly competitive players.
* Resourcefulness to filter a large number of client and partner opportunities into the most impactful engagements.
* Strong communication/presentation skills (i.e. creating content) that can be consumed at all seniority levels with both internal and external audiences.
* 12+ years of business/corporate development, strategy or sales leadership experience within the financial services industry. Platform/network business experience a strong plus.
* 3+ years’ experience with blockchain technology in a commercial setting.
* Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive growth metrics and client/partner development objectives, specifically for emerging businesses versus mature financial services products.
* Track record of building and managing high performance business development teams on a global basis.
* Strong knowledge of emerging financial services technologies. Specifically, blockchain and APIs as well as exposure to design-based thinking practices.
* Deep understanding of the global payments industry and proven relationship experience with leaders across global banks, central banks, card networks, technology firms and fintechs.
* Participation or management of a new business or product launch in a large organization or experience at a startup a plus.
* Exposure to international markets from a payments, markets, FX, supply chain and/or treasury standpoint.
* Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
* BA or BS required. MBA preferred
* Global travel required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.