This opportunity is for a Web Development Engineer for Audibles Content Management System group. Catalog Metadata Services (CMS) group is the repository for all data pertaining to Audible products. These critical services process incoming metadata from providers and manage the workflow from publishing to the various consumer markets. CMS receives, parses, validates and enriches raw data such as professionally narrated audio files. Additionally, we provide the applications that allow the metadata team to enhance and manually enrich this data. Once the final product is fully prepared, CMS is responsible for the publishing to markets which include: Audible, Amazon and Apple iTunes.
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short- and long-term impact on Audibles business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire CMS pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
· Develop solutions for web and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence
· Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers
· Influence the technical direction and strategy within the team
· Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience
· Research and find opportunities to utilize web development best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 3+ years experience in software engineering
· Experience in web security, SEO, accessibility and internationalization
· Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Expertise with browser tuning and optimization techniques / tools
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Experience designing and implementing distributed systems at high scale
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in communicating with business teams, other development teams, and management to collect requirements, describe technical designs, and coordinate deliverables
· Prior use of AWS technologies
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.