This opportunity is for a Web Development Engineer for Audibles Content Management System group. Catalog Metadata Services (CMS) group is the repository for all data pertaining to Audible products. These critical services process incoming metadata from providers and manage the workflow from publishing to the various consumer markets. CMS receives, parses, validates and enriches raw data such as professionally narrated audio files. Additionally, we provide the applications that allow the metadata team to enhance and manually enrich this data. Once the final product is fully prepared, CMS is responsible for the publishing to markets which include: Audible, Amazon and Apple iTunes.
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short- and long-term impact on Audibles business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire CMS pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
· Develop solutions for web and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence
· Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers
· Influence the technical direction and strategy within the team
· Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience
· Research and find opportunities to utilize web development best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.