Audible, Inc. is the worlds largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. Were an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We’re a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it’s a great partnership. You’ll get to play with all of Amazon’s technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn’t stop there. Audible’s built on Amazon technology and you’ll have insight into the inner workings of the world’s leading ecommerce experience. There’s a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
This opportunity is as a Technical Program Manager (TPM) within Audibles Amazon Program. The Amazon Program is responsible for the relationship and integration of Audible and Amazon products. We enable users to experience Audible through Amazon properties including Echo, Fire tablets, and Amazon.com. This team designs and builds architectures for products that deliver Audible content to users in all sorts of new application domains using back-end services as well as our content on end-user devices and platforms such as iOS, Android, Web, Alexa devices like Echo and more.
The team were specifically hiring for focuses on tapping the unrealized opportunity landscape within Amazon, where the Audible listening experience still remains unknown to many of our potential customers. Amazon is a vast playground for Audible to experiment and improve upon disruptive customer experiences and add new levels of profitable growth. Increasing Audible awareness among Amazon customers, especially Prime subscribers is the key goal for the team. The team works closely with many other Amazon teams including Search, Personalization, Digital Payments, and Services to build Audible-specific acquisition, engagement, and retention flows.
We need your help to lead and manage projects and processes that will help bring more customers to Audible through our Amazon touch-points.
· Play a leading role in running the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
· Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams technology, business and operations to lead multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, from concept to launch.
· Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking opens in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.