The Software Engineer II works in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. The Software Engineering Team themselves design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases, and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design when applicable.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops high-quality code for features and bugs tasked by senior software engineers
- Regularly collaborates with other developers to evaluate work for technical feasibility
- Reviews new feature impact on an application and recognize potential risks
- Perform investigations for evidence of intrusion or policy violations
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers
- Performs Mobile Risk Assessments, Vulnerability Assessments, and Penetration Tests.
- Adheres to internal best practices and coding conventions
- Maintains awareness regarding OWASP and application security trends.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience in programming and securing complex web applications, mobile and/or large-scale enterprise products
- Good understanding of Python and/or Ruby
- Intermediate-level experience and understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Basic understanding of other technologies such as C#, ASP, .NET, MVC, SQL, and relational databases is a huge plus
- Experience in TFS and Visual Studio
- Experience with operating system internals, programming language design, compilers
- Experience in building authentication or authorization services
- Experience with scalable rules engines
- Experience or bent in thinking about operability, monitoring, performance, testability, and scalability while building large-scale systems.
- Experience with designing and implementing secure web-based payments systems
- Familiar with SDLC and programming design patterns
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Sense of ownership
- Passion for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.