Tenna is an exciting IoT startup with strong financial backing. We pride ourselves as pioneering the construction and infrastructure technology industry space. At Tenna, we believe the best is right in front of all of us, and that each day holds more potential than the one before. And finding every new discovery can lead to something better than we thought possible.
You will be part of a highly collaborative development process, design and write leading-edge code, and join on the ground floor of the re-architecture of Tenna’s product line. Sounds like you? This could be a great place to call your home!
We are seeking a Software Engineer to help us build the second iteration of our connected equipment solution and break our existing applications into microservices. The ideal candidate will be a forward and innovative thinker, an excellent communicator, experienced with transformative projects, and possesses a passion for the IoT revolution. You will be part of a highly collaborative development process, design and write leading-edge code, and join on the ground floor of the re-architecture of Tenna’s product line.
- Develop and build microservices leveraging AWS Cloud Services
- Design and implement full stack solutions utilizing a Node.js stack.
- Break our existing monolithic applications into more modern microservices.
- Define best in class standards to aid in guiding microservices based architectural decisions.
- Unit test and take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
- Coach, encourage, and mentor your fellow software developers.
- Provide input on our architecture, databases, and APIs.
- Consult with product managers to define, scope and plan new features.
- Work with QA to ensure that cohesive, quality, usable solutions are produced.
- Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve our overall solutions.
- Be a key participant in our agile development process.
- Produce excellent documentation.
- 5+ years professional development experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building and designing a microservices based architecture.
- Extensive experience with Node.js, especially in microservices.
- Substantial experience with web development in at least one of Java, C#, or Python.
- Substantial experience with SQL; experience with NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience with containerized application deployments, especially using Docker, is highly preferred.
- Experience with large-scale data systems is highly preferred.
- Experience with message queueing architectures, especially RabbitMQ, is preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially EC2, S3, VPC, Elasticsearch, and Kinesis.
- Any IoT experience is a huge plus.
What you need to know:
- Full-time opportunity.
- Opportunity to work onsite in either NYC or Edison, NJ office.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Relocation assistance.
- Robust, low-cost benefit packages offered.
- Benefit coverage begins the first date of employment.
- 401k match.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Wants to build something meaningful, always with the end-user experience in mind
- Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good software design and best practices
- Is serious and professional. Our desire is to build a lasting enterprise
- Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
- Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
- Desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Possesses ingenuity to leverage all available tools and resources
- Communicates well, both written and verbally
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.