Audible’s International Expansion team is delivering on a vision for launching a localized, customer-centric presence in new countries, new product lines for audible, while building world class engineering platform to enable faster and differentiated launches. We are expanding and improving the platform from mobile web to back-end services while innovating and leveraging new Amazon technology and platforms. Success means we are delighting more customers in new countries, new product line ups while building on an already tremendously successful and much-loved product.
· Own the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within an Agile environment.
· Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers.
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met.
· Coach and mentor our high-performing architects and engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done, while enabling them to be future leaders who are focused on building a high growth and inclusive culture.
· Architect and develop the innovative technical design and implementation approach with the overall product line goals and objectives in mind.
· Own teams operational excellence, including creation of and monitoring of metrics and alarms in a continuous process improvement environment.
· Manage department resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing to maintain a best-in-class engineering team. Hold regular 1:1s with the team.
· Experience Managing, motivating and retaining high-performance engineering teams.
· Ability to affect positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical information and negotiate tradeoffs with a variety of audiences.
· Experienced decision maker with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
· Demonstrated experience with design and architecture. Preferably large scale, consumer facing, enterprise level applications.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.