The Platform team crafts the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many fields, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify efficiency, quality and innovation across Spotify. We are looking for SRE’s to join our team of hardworking engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, scalability and reliability. By joining the Data and Insights organization, you’ll be a key contributor in making the systems that power our large scale data processing, insights, and machine learning efforts more reliable. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and operate infrastructure and services that enable the execution of critical batch and streaming pipelines
- Make decisions that will help craft a new infrastructure stack, tackling concerns ranging from user configuration, resource isolation and capacity management
- Help scale the new platform to reach targets that ensure the painless and seamless migration of data pipelines from all across the company to the new stack
- Ensure the reliability of our platform, abiding by an SLA, setting SLIs and SLOs that allow for a manageable error budget for teams using our platform
- Build and evolve tools and standards that provide the best developer experience possible
- Be a technical leader for your team and Spotify
- Be an active contributor to several open-source projects
Who you are:
- You have industry-hardened experience in the development, administration, operation, and troubleshooting of sophisticated, large-scale systems running in the Cloud
- Have a deep understanding of containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- You have experience with at least one JVM-based data processing framework such as Apache Beam, Spark, and Flink
- Experienced using GCP services such as IAM, Networking components, GKE and Google Cloud Storage
- Someone who focuses on standardization and automation; always looking for ways to improve the developer experience and through standards and relentlessly automating operation tasks
- You think of open source first, understanding the value of building up a community and giving back
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens. Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.