MayStreet Inc. has immediate openings for Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) in our New York City (Chelsea) office. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
In this role, you will be part of a talented and open-minded software team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, and upgrading complex architecture.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
Current strategic pursuits
The Site Reliability Engineer will build, maintain and evolve the production systems of Maystreet and its related tools / systems. This includes supervising initial deployments and guiding new users through the initial learning process for operating the deployed systems. The position is based in New York City.
- Primary engineering and operational support for multiple distributed applications
- Improving all aspects of application reliability, including better monitoring, alerting and documentation
- Engaging with our software engineering teams on support issues and improvements to our tools, processes, and software
- Being a conduit between infrastructure and development teams
- Educating and evangelizing DevOps best practices to the company at large
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent discipline
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of data access methodologies, including general API terminologies
- The ability to program in Python
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and a desire to learn more
- Ability to profile and debug systems in real time
- Understanding of agile SDLC, CI/CD and toolsets GitLab / Jenkins / Jira / Confluence
Additional qualifications preferred:
- Financial markets experience
- Experience with authentication and encryption technologies like TLS, Kerberos and GSSAPI
- Networking experience, analyzing packet dumps, multicast routing on hosts, packet filtering
- OS/kernel experience such as familiarity with OS tunables, log analysis
- Experience with Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana and InfluxDB
- Competitive compensation
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Catered lunch
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.