An iOS expert who will help millions of people learn on a mobile device.
Duolingo software engineers develop next-generation education technology that changes how over 300 million people around the world learn. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas in computer science, including natural language processing, machine learning, large-scale system design, and iOS & Android mobile app development. As an iOS software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Duolingo’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as our fast-paced startup grows and evolves. You will develop applications primarily in Swift. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate.
- Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects
- Develop, release, and maintain native iOS applications
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Programming experience in Swift
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 5 years of programming experience in either Swift
- Strong technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development for iPhone/iPad using Swift with Cocoa Touch and related frameworks
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.