Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named the #1 Most Innovative Company in Health by Fast Company in 2020, Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $90MM, and is backed by Sequoia Capital, Icon Ventures, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered experience and is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, and development teams. Through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation, we believe in constantly evolving and improving.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement services (APIs, Jobs and Tasks, Events)
- Increase test coverages and automate tests
- Code Review and critique on others service designs and RFCs
- Document decisions and its future impacts
- Partner with stakeholders to reach towards business goals
- Share knowledge and mentor
Who you are:
- You have experience with and a real passion for building APIs
- You think about systems and services and write high quality code—we work mostly in Python. However, languages can be learned: we care more about your engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where expertise and responsibility is shared with teammates across disciplines.
- You enjoy sharing and learning from peers and mentoring junior colleagues
- You have a passion for good test coverage and always automating
- 4+ years experience building backend services for production web applications
- Experience with:
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Event Driven Architecture
- REST API
- End-to-end ownership of feature development
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Mavens are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our Mavens, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.