JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
We’re looking for a seasoned Service Designer to help us on our mission to create excellent service experiences in the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) at JPMorgan Chase. Whether observing users, co-creating with stakeholders, or working with fellow designers, you are passionate about representing the human perspective and translating insight into tangible and delightful customer experiences at the intersection of digital products and financial services. Our services are global: you thrive in highly ambiguous situations and enjoy solving complex problems. Your work will have reach and impact on a large scale in the financial services sector while working in a creative, dynamic and multicultural environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
Service Design: You have a suite of design tools at the ready to build first-class services:
* Scoping: Write inspiring service design project proposals
* Co-creation: facilitate and run collaborative workshops. Partner with other designers from our UX team as well as technologists and product managers
* Discovery: Plan, conduct, report-on, and advocate for a variety of research methodologies to synthesize and communicate insights.
* Design and prototyping: create solutions ranging from a strategic level of 50,000 ft to a tactical one at 500 ft. Produce artefacts such as illustrated journey maps, service design blueprints, low-fi concept designs, service prototypes, value proposition proposals
* Training: Run design thinking training sessions to help leaders in the firm from non-design backgrounds who are key sponsors for us in understanding design and how we can help them achieve their goals
* Manage planning and delivery of projects (and where applicable team’s responsibilities) within the project, to time and quality measures
Culture change: As important as the actual design you will play an integral role helping our organization grow in the understanding and use of design to solve problems:
* Foster excellent external and internal client relationships and proactively develop opportunities from these relationships
* Confidently presenting to and inspiring internal clients
* Leading projects by smartly interpreting their challenges and driving towards the right solution, with a constant eye on value and impact
* Coach colleagues and stakeholders with less experience in service design in the tools and tricks of your trade
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Someone who wants to influence your own development and push the boundaries of design. You will be experienced, under no-illusions about the challenge, but resolute to embody the change you want to see as part of a team of design-thinkers who will support one-another.
* Ideally 8+ years of Design Thinking or Service Design experience in practice
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Academic and applied deep knowledge in some of the following areas: Research, User Experience Design, Product Design, Organizational Design, Strategic Design, Business Design
* Hands-on experience of designing for a variety of digital touch-points and non-digital channels including creating journey maps, blueprints and service prototypes.
* A passion for Customer Experience Design and its centrality to the future success of large organizations
* Excellent communication and storytelling skills, a confident presenter
* Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
* Experience of building effective partnerships and navigate complex organizations
* Proficiency with MS Office as well as design and prototyping tools such as Adobe, Sketch, InVision, or other similar, remote collaboration tools like Figma, Miro etc.
About our team
Digital Experience Design (DXD) is an award-winning team of 150+ designers in six locations. DXD includes product designers, UX researchers, service designers, content strategists, creative technologists and DesignOps. Our team partners with Business, Product, and Technology JPMorgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight users. Learn more about us at http://design.jpmorgan.com/JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.