WorkWave is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to work on one of our agile teams. We need an energetic and talented engineer to help implement solutions that can deliver fast and meaningful quality assessments of our products. This is a great opportunity if you love testing and development, as you will be able to leverage skills in both areas to provide valuable quality feedback to your team. Your contributions will help deliver the highest quality software, with consistency for our regular releases.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As part of an agile team, you will Serve as a senior member of team, providing leadership to junior Quality Engineers local and abroad in all quality related activities.
- Lead team meetings to formulate testing strategies pertaining to target releases
- Lead quality initiatives to enhance the test coverage, build and maintain test case suites as well as the automation code base
- Perform testing of sprint related work items, create test cases for appropriate test coverage, and discover and log application defects
- Develop expert level knowledge of the application and use this knowledge to uncover defects and drive up test coverage
- Build and maintain the test case library, author test cases for various types of testing that will cover mobile applications, web applications and REST API
- Formulate and execute test plans consisting of functional verification, system regression, integration, performance, reliability and security test suites
- Perform system level regression testing to ensure product readiness for release cycles
- Develop and maintain automation scenarios to support the testing strategy as well as CI/CD pipelines
- Lead organizational and refinement efforts of automation code and suites to better align with existing and upcoming product changes
- Lead special quality related initiatives to improve process, investigate and qualify testing tools, and enhance existing test automation frameworks as needed
- Build relationships with all stakeholders to elicit information that will enhance testing efforts
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A passion for improving the quality of product and process, with at least 3 years experience testing Web and mobile applications in a SaaS environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to work effectively in team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Expertise in scripting and/or programming languages with demonstrated ability to write deterministic automation scenarios
- Experience writing C# or Java code, implementing coding best practices and design patterns
- Expertise with Selenium WebDriver and/or Appium
- Experience working as a team member on Scrum or Kanban teams
- Experience performance testing, load testing, durability testing using tools like JMeter
- A strong desire for keeping your skills fresh with latest tools, technologies and methodologies from the testing community and finding ways to introduce them to the QE team
- Good time management skills to balance exploratory/session-based/scenario-based testing, with automation development, all while helping your team meet their sprint commitments
- Proficiency in using BDD frameworks (Cucumber, SpecFlow) to write reusable step definitions is a plus
- Working experience having automation integrated as a integral piece to CI/CD pipeline(s) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent technical area
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER: “We work in a fast-paced, challenging environment where agile testing is critical to successful delivery of our software. I need someone that can keep up with the pace and continue the momentum on some key company initiatives, such as faster and more reliable delivery of our product through enhanced test coverage and automation. I will need you to be a quality champion, promote agile testing best practices, and establish good relationships with the development, product and support team.”
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
- We are laid back but buttoned up. We have a casual work environment with a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
- We give a damn and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
- We embrace quirkiness by openly accepting others as they are and building strong partnerships based on trust
- Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
- Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
CUT THE COMMUTE!
- This position is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
- With everything you could find in a great downtown — from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
- We work hard but play hard too…need a break? Kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
RELAX, WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED:
- Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Stay hydrated and recharge with plenty of water, coffee and tea
- Financial wellness and employee discount programs
- Health and wellness focused work environment – optional standing desks and office fitness challenges
- 401K-9 Doggie Daycare Discount Program • Charitable donation match program
- Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
- We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
- Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
- 7 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz – Currently #17 (Medium Category)!
- WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
. >> Thank you for visiting NYC Jobs. <<
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.