Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
Audibles Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership thru well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products and world-class experience to our customers.
Audible Data QA engineer is responsible for raising data quality and validating end-to-end flow of data and metrics from client to 3rd party analytics tools and all the way to the data warehouse. This will involve gaining deep understanding of Audible data flow and testing procedures, and designing tools and processes to introduce efficiencies into existing system.
· Perform exploratory testing, automate repetitive tasks and work side by side with software development engineers to deliver high quality product to the Audible customers.
· Drive the creation and execution of test strategy, test plans, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
· Participate in measurement requirements gathering process and creating test strategies to ensure quality of key performance indicators.
· Create and maintain data quality checks within CI/CD pipelines.
· Develop and maintain test framework to test ETL jobs.
· Verify data accuracy of reports to key stakeholders.
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
· Measure, interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal. proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer or an SDET.
· Hands on experience with test automation using a programming or scripting language (Java or Python preferred).
· Basic knowledge of SQL.
· Experience owning the full test strategy through test completion for major components of a software system.
· Communication skills ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals.
· Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment – where change is the only constant.
· Experience with any of the following tools: Adobe Experience Platform, Alation Data Catalog, Apache Airflow, Charles Proxy, Tableau, Kochava.
· Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, collaborate with other test and development teams.
· Must be an effective multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple products and projects.
· Experience in testing and test automation for consumer facing applications and devices.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.