Stryker (United States)
The purpose of the Senior Engineer within the security discipline is responsibility for the provisioning, deployment, configuration of multiple security components within the network. These include firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs). This person will be part of a team who is the first line of defense against unauthorized access from outside sources and potential security threats. They will deliver technical network services by developing future technology, designing, maintaining and support of the current network security infrastructure environment. They focus on the development of network security technology principles, standards, and synergy across multiple platforms, analyzing business requirements and assisting with the resolution of complex issues to ensure usability and alignment with business objectives.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
- Support and maintain hardware, software and connectivity components by analyzing the functionality of the network security framework and designing and planning major upgrades and changes to ensure reliability and availability.
- Solve existing security issues, such as viruses or hardware malfunctions
- Testing systems for vulnerabilities in hardware and software
- Maintaining virtual private networks, firewalls, email security and web protocols, security and programs.
- Reporting security analysis finding.
- Analyzing and implementing new security protocols and technologies.
- Works on multiple projects as a technical lead and gathers and analyzes data and develops network security requirements.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of one or more specialized platform areas such as network, security, applications, data, systems.
- Aligns network security strategy with business requirements and IS Strategy
- Assists in the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs future state.
- Analyzes the current network to identify risks and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Advises business and project stakeholders on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts and technology priorities.
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in projects and is aligned to IS and business strategies.
- Assists in post-implementation continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality
- Support team member development by reviewing and analyzing complex infrastructure issues, communicating feedback to team members, sharing knowledge, responding to inquiries and providing recommendations on best practices
- Provide support for network security framework by responding to escalated issues, troubleshooting errors and developing technical solutions to ensure implementation of process improvements
- Collaborate with key stakeholders by regularly communicating, clarifying technical solutions and supporting timely and efficient team operations by utilizing and sharing knowledge and expertise
- Participate in and/or Conduct Incident Response Plan execution and revision as necessary to evolve the needs of the business.
- Basic knowledge in Mobile and/or web application management and security assessments.
- Comprehensive understanding of application (HTTP, SMB, etc.) and network (Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.) protocols.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, covert channels, and encryption protocols (SSL, TLS, etc).
- Monitors industry trends and threat landscape and recommend necessary controls or countermeasures.
- Provide feedback, suggestions, and recommendations to architect level support with no guidance.
- Collaborate across teams on detailed technical requirements, implementation approaches and problem solving.
- Ensures that all systems are designed and deployed efficiently and in accordance with IS directives and participates in developing guidelines set forth by architect level support.
- Develops strong and trusting relationships with cross team members. Communicates effectively with all stake holders. Builds and maintains positive customer and peer relationships
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of network platforms and procedures.
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team in building a multivendor cloud environment according to best practices.
Education & special trainings:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in technology related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred certifications within a security discipline.
Qualifications & experience:
- 7 years of experience in IT, with 5+ years of Security Engineer Role preferred, within large organizations and/or global teams delivering successful projects or programs.
- Certified in CCCNP security, PCNSE, Security+, or some industry-recognized Security Certification preferred
- Experience with ITIL process framework
- Experience working as a Security Engineer within SOC 2, HIPAA, CJIS, or PCI compliance preferred
- Experience designing, implementing, supporting and maintaining enterprise firewalls and services.
Physical & mental requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal, communication skills with ability to present ideas effectively both in-person and remotely.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Self-motivated, able to work effectively as part of a cross functional team to resolve business critical issues.
- Ability to deliver exceptional results under pressure, while working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent technical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills across multiple technology disciplines.
- Ability to think globally and strategically when approaching technical problems.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.