JP Morgan Chase
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the worlds important corporations, governments and institutions. Youll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
The JPMorgan Chase Core Trading Services Market Data team provides critical delivery of real-time market data to a number of mission-critical application suites across multiple business within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) line of business. This opportunity requires a senior Application Support Engineer with the ability to span both support of existing production environments as well as the ability to deliver project work into that environment. The successful individual must be seasoned in support of high performance Linux systems, direct exchange feeds, market data distribution platforms and must possess the ability to methodically troubleshoot complex application stacks. In addition to real time market data requirements, the successful candidate will also be part of the groups expanding mandate to provide critical support to CIBs tick store platform, in use across various verticals. Responsibilities also include driving critical monitoring and automation across the estate and enhance overall production stability and availability. Individuals must work well in a team environment that is global in nature.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry with extensive experience in supporting various market data distribution platforms and/or tick store environments based on KDB and/or One Market Data technologies
- Exposure to supporting and managing a production environment and disciplined in following established protocol for release management, change management and incident management
- Extensive experience in supporting a large LINUX (RedHat) based environment as well as troubleshooting complex system problems; Familiarity with kernel tuning parameters
- Strong scripting experience in Python and/or Perl (Q scripting is a plus)
- Knowledge of supporting a large KDB and/or One Market Data platform that processes and stores high volume of market data across asset classes is a plus
- Experience working with exchanges and direct feeds, such as UTP, CTA, OPRA, NASDAQ TVITCH, ARCA, BATS and Market Data aggregators (i.e. Reuters and Bloomberg)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring systems, such as ITRS Geneos and similar products
- Good understanding of NUMA architecture based systems
- Familiar understanding of the TCP/IP stack, various routing delivery mechanisms, and switch and routing topologies
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one of the worlds biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If youre looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.