We are building the digital infrastructure for businesses in the rapidly growing online Health and Wellness industry. Our customers, typically experts and organizations with large audiences, use our software to create branded membership-based wellness programs. These virtual wellness programs bring together community, coaching, and content in a unified offering (more details here).
As one of the first full-time engineers on the team, you will play a huge role in influencing what we become. You will be building a product that helps people learn, connect, and grow at times when they need it the most. You will also be building a product that empowers the world’s best institutions, coaches, teachers, and authors to manage and expand their businesses. If you feel as passionate about those two missions as we do, then read on!
- This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in New York once safe to return to the office with plenty of flexibility for remote work
- Develop experiences that make our platform the best place for anyone going through a Health & Wellness related life transition (weight loss, pregnancy, sobriety, grief, new parenthood etc.) to receive guidance from an expert (who is our customer) and commiseration/support from peers who are on the same journey
- Take technical ownership of features and move the product forward
- Keep our systems maintainable and scalable
- Work directly with the founders, designers, and our customers
You would be a strong fit for us if?
- You have strong judgment and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions
- You have impressive technical abilities, are product-oriented, and think in terms of outcomes rather than outputs
- You want to be a part of a hard-charging team that is shooting for an extraordinary outcome
What experience are we looking for?
- 5+ years of full-time development experience
- If you don’t have that exact level of experience but feel as though you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply anyways – we like people who are confident in their abilities and have a point to prove 🙂
- Interest building UIs with modern tools, like ES6, React, Hooks, and Webpack
- Expertise with backend technologies and ability to develop a feature from the database layer all the way to the UI
- Experience working with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) and/or AWS infrastructure
- Focus on performance and the ability to profile and identify bottlenecks
- High standards for quality of code and quality of user experience
What tools will you be using?
- React/Electron based front-ends
- React hooks for state management
- NodeJS/Serverless/GCP Functions
What do we offer?
- Extremely competitive base salary + Equity
- 100% Coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- The opportunity to build a product that very tangibly improves the lives of millions when they are most in need of guidance and support
How to Apply
If our mission resonates with you and you are interested in joining a tight-knit team at a rapidly growing venture-backed seed stage company with a clear path to a Series A (and beyond), please click below to apply!
Please include your resume, links to any relevant work samples (in the Experience Summary box), and a note on why you are interested in this position.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.