The Platform department builds the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers. We support the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists by developing the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work optimally, quickly, and safely. We are an amplifier for efficiency, quality, and innovation across all of Spotify! We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a strong infrastructure background to join our team that builds libraries, tooling, and the infrastructure that supports most of the data processing done at Spotify. We research and develop state of the art solutions, creating a robust and reliable platform that enables developers to solve complex technical challenges with the best user experience possible, enforcing standards and ensuring reliability and job efficiency. We do this by thinking open source first, contributing to large open-source code bases while building up the community around the projects that enable our platform. What you’ll do –
- Work on scio, our open-source Scala API for Apache Beam and Google Dataflow, influencing it’s API, providing support for additional IOs, improving support for different runners (Flink, Spark), and optimizing for job efficiency
- Help build out a new infrastructure offering to support various execution engines running on Kubernetes (GKE)
- Take an active part in the operational responsibilities for running our infrastructure
- You will create and update standards and documentation that improve the experience for people working with data at Spotify
- You will contribute features, build up the community and the exposure of several of our open source projects
Who you are –
- You have experience working with data engineering and a deep understanding of that problem space
- You have experience with JVM-based data processing frameworks such as Beam, Spark, and Flink. You understand their APIs and can debug their internals
- You have experience working with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes (GKE) and Docker
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You are comfortable with asynchronous communication, being able to work independently while always sharing context with your team members
- You think of open source first, understanding the value of building up a community and contributing back
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens. Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.