The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier and more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community.
As a Senior Data Engineer in the Member Experience mission, you will lead the strategy and execution for a small but growing team of talented engineers to democratize access to data and insights. You will drive initiatives to evolve our data infrastructure, build reliable data models, surface key company metrics, and develop tools that streamline data discovery and knowledge sharing.
Who you are:
- You have a strategic mindset when it comes to democratizing data access & discovery
- You’re motivated to enable collaboration with engineering, product and data science teams
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a self-starter and feel energized by a fast-paced work environment
- Identify strategic opportunities to evolve our data engineering and analytics practices
- Develop tools and processes to support self-service data pipeline management, streamline reporting and enable data discovery
- Build and maintain the analytics layer of our teams data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible
- Collaborate with platform teams on the design and adoption of data processing, management and analysis services
- Lead training on effective usage of data models and self-service tools to enable a stronger data culture
- Actively contribute to planning and goal setting in collaboration with data science leads
- Provide technical mentorship and hands-on guidance to more junior team members
- Develop and instill best practices within the team and with partner groups
- You have 8+ years of experience in data engineering or business intelligence
- You have 2+ years of experience with scoping, leading and executing complex long-term projects
- You have the ability to identify impactful opportunities to evolve analytics or data science workflows
- You have the ability to build systems that make data easily accessible for analysis and visualization with minimal supervision
- You are proficient in any flavor of SQL and at least one scripting language (ideally Python)
- You have the ability to initiate collaborations with data scientists and software engineers
- You have experience mentoring and coaching more junior engineers successfully
Nice to Have
- Experience with at least one of our BI platforms (Looker and Tableau)
- Experience with any of the following: AWS, Snowflake, Airflow, dbt
- Experience as a full-stack engineer
- You enjoy telling a compelling story with data
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 425 in just over nine years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.