JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
WM Technology – Data Platform – Data Analyst / Modeler
As an experienced professional in Business Analysis/Data Analysis, you’ll shape the technology solutions that drive strategic initiatives across the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you’ll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions. In addition to working with the development team to create new solutions, you’ll help optimize existing technology and identify new capabilities. While your role requires deep technological skills – including expertise in everything from data management to functional design – it also hinges on teamwork and leadership. You’ll offer clear guidance and feedback to your Business Analysis colleagues, while promoting the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The goal of Data engineering Program is to provide solution and associated services for capture, storage, retention, and distribution of data within the Wealth Management (WM) space. The overall Platform provides solutions towards management of structured and unstructured data associated with core data and functional data within various work streams.
As a Data Analyst & Modeler within the group you will:
* Analyze and catalog files and process which are currently source of data specific to domain of interest of transactions & positions
* Be able to also research, design, document, and modify data specifications throughout the production life cycle. Data will be available in diverse formats ranging from Text files, databases, JSON, Kafka messages etc.
* Analyze the requirements from the Consumers based on your understanding of the Conformed model, model source data to the model enhancing the same where necessary
* Be able to take into account the limitations of the underlying tech infrastructure and cater the solution so that it can implemented and is maintainable
Experience & Skills:
* Bachelor’s Degree with specialized coursework in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
* Solid experience as a data analyst and / or modeler
* Knowledge of the Wealth Management & associate accounting is a must
* Extremely proficient with SQL and using SQL to analyze data
* Knowledge of Big Data and Hadoop platforms, Kafka, Cassandra are a plus
* Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous situations.
* Ability to learn quickly, manage work independently and is a team player
* Ability to engage with developers & stakeholder including – consumers, project management, up stream, senior management & peer group
* Ability to understand Java code
Communication and Relationship Management
* Develop productive business relationships and integrate activities with IT team members, Quality Assurance, Software Development and Database Administration teams, to ensure successful deployment and support of Production issues and various Projects/Assignments handled in Applications domain.
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders to facilitate and positively influence solution development and ongoing support. Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
* Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations and serve as the conduit between the teams
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.