At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our API team and help us build the foundation that underpins everything we do at Noom.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have 4+ years of experience building modern REST APIs using Java, Python, Go, Ruby, or a similar language.
- You possess deep, strategic knowledge of server-side programming, with a focus on performance and scale.
- You have built complex backend systems used by a team of 40-50 engineers.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- You have a proven track record of building complex technology and guiding less senior members of the team to create code that is well-organized, easy to read and maintain, and optimized for its intended purpose.
- Having knowledge of Lambda/serverless functions and Docker containerization is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.