Huxley Banking & Financial Services
A top hedge fund in New York City is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to add to their growing team. This person will work closely with others in Security and Information Technology to drive the implementation and support of Security technologies. This firm’s infrastructure is in a hybrid environment, with multiple co-located data centers and cloud services. They value an infrastructure-as-code mindsight and drive automation across IT.
This person will be responsible for daily security operations. This includes triaging security alerts, data, and log analysis to see if an incident has occurred, responding to incidents where necessary, performing forensic analysis, and guiding teams on remediation steps. This role is about 30% project-based, including research and proposal of new security solutions, and 70% daily operations to maintain secure systems and services.
- Monitor the firm’s security data and network traffic.
- Review threat feeds to determine impact of incidents on firm and customers.
- Correlate trends in alerts to determine common areas of vulnerability.
- Triage, analyze, escalate, and report on security incidents.
- Lead SIEM content development, review, and tuning.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and partner with third parties for penetration testing.
- Use configuration management to maintain system integrity.
- Minimum 4-6+ years’ experience in Information Security.
- Working background detecting, responding to, and mitigating cyber threats and incidents.
- Expertise with Splunk for log monitoring and analysis purposes.
- Background with other security technologies such as endpoint protection, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanners, penetration testing, and encryption products.
- Basic knowledge of network switching routing, firewalls, and packet analysis.
- Ability to automate using PowerShell, Python, or Ansible.
This is a direct-hire role in New York City or Dallas, TX. If the role aligns, please apply with an updated resume or reach out to Emily at Huxley Associates.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.