This opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for Audibles Core Android team. The Audible Android teams vision is to enable a frictionless experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. Our goal is to deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily listener sessions across the entire Android eco-system including smart phones, Android Auto, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up, yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals. Our team is working on building native Android products, without compromising compatibility with various Android devices in an agile environment.
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates innovation and independent thought and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners around the world, we have a place for you on our team come join us.
· You will play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
· You will collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, from concept to launch.
· You will collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for mobile devices.
· Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking open issues in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· You actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 9+ years of experience within software engineering and at least 2 years of experience in Mobile Application Development environment.
· 2+ years of experience managing agile software projects as a manager of software development.
· Able to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
· Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Excellent Verbal and communication skills.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Prior experience in building enterprise scale Mobile Applications.
· Prior experience in working with an Agile Tool enabled team (CI/CD/Automated Tests etc.).
· Strong understanding of current Mobile Ecosystem (Android APIs, Android Auto, Kotlin, Google PlayStore, etc.).
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.