Get to Know Voice
At Voice, we are on a mission to take social media back from big tech. Voice is the first social media platform that empowers communities to self-govern, champions realness and respects user data.
We are looking for a passionate Manager, DevOps to join our team in Brooklyn, New York. Our DevOps team will work collaboratively alongside development, design, UX and business units in order to identify and eliminate constraints in the product life cycle, shorten and amplify feedback loops. You will help foster a culture of collaboration and trust while working on projects that ultimately optimize the flow of value from the idea stage to the end user.
As a Manager, DevOps, you will be required to be an expert in systems architecture, networking, hosting and high availability all within the cloud. Ideally this candidate will be open to not only teaching new technologies to the team but learning from existing technologies and processes as well. You will have the added responsibility of managing and helping build a team of devops engineers to assist with its core mission to drive automation and infrastructure build out. This role will involve both personal management and overbite as well as individual contribution.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, well-funded startup with big ambitions. In addition to doing ground breaking work, this role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of openness, positive communication, and continuous learning. We are looking for the best and brightest to take our platform to the next level. Are you that person? Let’s talk.
- Oversee Facilitate collaboration, sharing, trust and cross-pollination of skills with other engineers, product owners, designers, and business units in order to overcome interesting but challenging problems, increase product quality, and optimize the workflows within the organization.
- Hiring/management and mentoring of junior / senior DevOps engineers and/or vendors
- Coach and mentor the team to become better engineers
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimate Projects and tasks
- Assume responsibility for on time delivery
- Develop solutions encompassing technology, process and people.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging processes, techniques and tooling.
- Work closely with UX, design, development, automation and operations teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scalability, performance and operability in mind.
- 2nd tier support and shared pager duty responsibilities
– Rotating weekly on call status/support to provide support to internal users and stakeholders
- Architect & execute the delivery of scalable, secure, and highly available immutable infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Documentation including diagrams, runbooks, and training materials for internal users and developers.
- Maximize reusability of all work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience in DevOps / SRE.
- 7+ years experience in Engineering.
- 1+ years experience in Engineering Management.
- Demonstrable Experience with amazon web services (Route53, EC2, ELB, CloudFront, ECS, RDS, ElasticCache, EBS & S3) and / or Google Cloud
- Configuration management experience with one of the following tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Experience with a package manager such as rpm, yum or an equivalent
- Experience with multi-server hosting environments (N-Tier, sharding, scaling, failover)
- A history of collaboration with development, operations, UX, design and business units within an organization.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and pipelines such as Buildkite, TravisCI, Concourse CI, Jenkins or equivalent.
- Experience working with Docker and Docker orchestration tools such as Docker Compose and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of version control software, git and Github preferred.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.