Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast-growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify or Squarespace, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. We are drastically changing the landscape through modern banking software that empowers banks and credit unions to grow digitally.
Our flagship product, Online Account Opening, has quickly become considered best in class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Suffice to say, our customers love MANTL.
Since launching our first product in 2017, we have built several new products, tripled our headcount, and become cash-flow positive.
Who makes up our team?
People are our most important asset and the number one reason we all love working at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals.
We’re a group of passionate technologists with backgrounds spanning across engineering, product, and design. We support an open and transparent culture that helps foster productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well – people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small.
We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team.
Lead Backend Engineer
MANTL is seeking a Lead Back-End Engineer to help shape the future of banking technology. This role can be based in our NYC office or remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Take technical leadership over an agile squad team that integrates directly with core banking systems (the computer systems that banks and credit unions rely on to keep track of money, bank accounts, and their customers data)
- Meet internal demand for supporting new core banking systems and increasing functionality for existing integrations
- Author and maintain the portion of our microservice backend that allows for IO operations against core banking systems
- You love building and working with APIs that solve complex business problems
- You feel just comfortable writing code as you do managing timelines, communicating with stakeholders, and mentoring teammates
- You are up for the challenge of taking technical ownership of a key piece of MANTLs business and look forward to the opportunity to grow with the company
- You love owning your team, mentoring your team members, and view yourself as a servant leader
- 5+ years professional API development/integration experience
- 3+ years writing Node.js professionally
- 3+ years professional experience with git/github
- 2+ years managing small close nit groups of engineers
- Strong business sense and communication skills —- ability to self manage, estimate, execute, and define your own processes
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Postman
- Experience working with core banking system APIs
- Fin-tech experience
- Experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment’
Our Tech Stack
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Cloud Pub/Sub
- Google Cloud SQL (Postgres)
- Google Hybrid Networking (VPN/IPSec)
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We provide competitive salaries and generous benefits including fully covered medical, dental and vision plans, an immediately available 401k plan, unlimited vacation, stocked kitchen & weekly happy hours.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.