JP Morgan Chase
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the worlds important corporations, governments and institutions. Youll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, youll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The payments platform and integration team optimizes product delivery by automating the entire software delivery pipeline. Youll also be helping to build the tools necessary to enable horizontal scaling, provisioning, graphing, monitoring and rapid deployment on our bare metal, public and private cloud environments. You will have the opportunity to help drive our engineering culture, by building, evangelizing and supporting the continuous delivery pipeline used by all of the CIB organization. Youll have the chance to drive development tooling and delivery excellence. The size of the environment will give you the opportunity to work at a massive scale while being creative and delivering on new tooling. Youll also get to work with stakeholders across the globe in the payments industry.
You will be working on the platform and integration team, responsible for developing solutions to improve our DevOps capabilities, including but not limited to:
- Developing Jenkins pipeline jobs to automate continuous build, integration, deployment and testing
- Developing tools to improve the resiliency and operability of the application
- Implementing approach and tools to efficiently utilize the platform environments across development and testing requirements including deployment into private cloud infrastructure and Docker containers
- Responsible for the development and delivery infrastructure and tooling and upkeep of the platform
- Working with our internal business partners to gather requirements
- Prototyping, architecting and implementing/updating the platform
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficiency in Software Engineering using modern programming languages, mainly Java Web Applications, Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices and design techniques within Unix/Linux environments
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Hands-on administration, configuration management, monitoring of Software Delivery platforms – Jenkins, TeamCity, QuickBuilds, etc.
- Experience with Java and Ruby, Python, Go, Scala, etc.
- Experience with Mesos, Docker, AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc.
- Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Experience with Splunk, ELK, Kafka, etc. preferred
- Experience with SQL Queries, performance tuning and management of map reduce jobs
- Understanding of code promotion, DevOps, system administration, Puppet/Chef, and Platform as a Service Architecture
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not
just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one
of the worlds biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our
team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from
enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as
innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud
development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire
people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the
financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of
every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on
diversity.We encourage professional
growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and
compensation.If youre looking to build
your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that
impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.