TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 8 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for an Engineer with strong experience in microservices and testing to join our New York based team.
In this role, you’ll work together with our Engineers and lead cross-team efforts to improve productivity in our Engineering organisation. This means deep-diving into the challenges faced by our different teams, identifying patterns and working to create and maintain company-wide tools to help our teams ensure high quality releases. You’ll help build capability programs to empower our teams to solve their own challenges.
A bit about you:
- You’re passionate about helping others and keen to roll up your sleeves and take ownership to drive company-wide impact
- You have experience with good testing practices in a microservices architecture
- You’ve got a deep understanding of Continuous Delivery strategies in a microservice architecture
- You’re flexible to work on different kinds of projects. You’ll be working on a wide range of projects from collecting delivery performance metrics to identifying patterns and coding internal tools to boost productivity
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts across multiple teams
- You’re willing to travel and interested in working with and learning from our Engineers across our global offices
- You’re excited to work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You’ve worked with large distributed systems
- You’ve got a Java background, preferably with Spring Boot
- Experience with Kubernetes, Python and frontend development are a plus, too
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in our offices around the world
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
Interested? Find out more:
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.