JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Post Trade Technology is one of the main pillars of corporate investment bank, managing billions of transactions for the wholesale business and responsible for Post Trade Clearing, Settlement, Margin & Collateral Management, Securities processing, finance and accounting. Post trade is also responsible for perform data analytics and providing meaningful MIS to front office, middle office, Back office, regulatory and various other divisions for the firm.
Post Trade Reservoir is a critical initiative to bring multiple silos of Post Trade together. Sharing a singular Big Data platform catering to all Ingestion, processing and distribution needs of various CIB post Trade divisions, the program focuses on achieving the central vision of CIB Post Trade data architecture and engineering.
Big Data Java Development role based out of New Jersey, the role will require the candidate to have good understanding of Big Data Stack including Ingestion, storage and distribution technologies.
The role is a full hands-on technical development role where the candidate will be involved in developing core components for post trade reservoir (PTR) platform; interacting with multiple teams, learning about the exiting solutions already in place and aligning them with solutions built centrally by PTR team while adhering to standards provided by CIB Data Engineering organization.
The role will also require the candidate to work with global teams, performing code reviews; doing peer programming; establishing software engineering processes and adhering to firm wide software engineering processes and standards.
Required Technical Skills:
* Development (Coding) Java – 5-8 years of development experience required.
* Strong Java development experience.
* Understanding of Cloudera Management Console.
* Good understanding of RDBMS and columnar databases(Oracle/Cassandra/Vertica)
* Understanding of development frameworks e.g. Spring Boot
* Good hold on scripting including Shell/Perl and Python.
* Good understanding of Testing frameworks
Other Important Skills/Attributes.
* Process Orientation: Establishing right SDLC practices including code reviews, pair programming and adhering to firm wide development and release standards
* Relationship Building: Working closely with plan teams and business aligned technology teams.
* Business Orientation: Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed technical designs and performing POC’s.
* DevOps: Working closely with operate teams, understanding JPMorgan DevOps practices and aligning releases accordingly
* Documentation: Documenting technical flows in MS Visio and Confluence.
* Communication: Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Domain: Understanding of financial products and their flows (Equities, Fixed Income)
* Good hold on MS office (power point, Excel, Word and Visio)
Development (Coding) using Hadoop and SparkJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.