The Audible Helpdesk is the first place for Audible employees to go with technical questions and problems with Audible’s desktops, laptops, mobile devices, network services and software. The Audible Helpdesk works with Amazon and Audible service managers and other staff to maintain internal solutions and respond to employees tech issues. Additionally, they manage all the on-premise infrastructure including servers, storage solutions, telephony and printers.
Audible.com (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com) is looking for a dynamic and motivated IT Support Engineer to join their IT Operations group. If you are customer-focused with strong problem-solving skills and have experience with macOS, Windows and Unix environments, we want to talk with you.
As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to develop your career by maintaining and supporting Audibles unique corporate infrastructure, services platforms and employees. This is a challenging role that demands strong communication skills, technical, analytical and problem-solving competencies and most importantly, customer obsession.
· Provide support for escalated tickets from Audibles growing multi-site user base and environments.
· Provide technical expertise and hands-on support of Audibles multi-site server infrastructure.
· Participate in the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of local services.
· Work in tandem with the rest of the IT Operations team to uphold system SLAs with a rotating On-call schedule for production support issues.
· Direct internal and external service provider engagements, as needed, in the processing of support requests for effective and timely resolution of issues.
· Research, procure, and vet new hardware and software solutions.
· Coordinate and oversee a wide range of IT projects. Work with key stakeholders to thoroughly outline tasks and deliver results.
· Maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to assist in delivering continuous improvements.
· Participating in hiring, training and development of others.
· Maintain internal and user facing documentation for all managed services.
· 5+ years of related industry experience in an enterprise environment.
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in an innovative and fast paced environment.
· Experience with AD Systems Administration in a mixed operating system environment – macOS, Windows, Linux.
· Experience with managing or deploying enterprise services such as Active Directory, Exchange, DHCP, DNS, File Services and client imaging.
· Strong knowledge of networking concepts.
· Scripting required; Powershell preferred.
· Experience supporting users and their hardware and software.
· Able to integrate into a team environment as well as handle project work independently with minimal supervision.
· Willingness to travel on occasion to remote offices domestically and internationally.
· Able to lift 49 lbs as well as standing and walking during 8 hour shifts.
· Undergraduate degree in an IT discipline.
· Candidate should be results oriented and delivery focused with demonstrated experience working with corporate users and engineering teams.
· Analytical abilities and proven problem-solving skills; must be a real troubleshooter who excels at spotting issues and monitoring problems.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Experience deploying and administrating Windows Clusters and Hyper-V.
· Familiarity in programming/scripting in shellscript, VBscript, Powershell, Perl or similar languages with an emphasis on automation of engineering and administration functions.
· Experience with SAN, NAS, and filer appliance deployment and management.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.