Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Instagram is seeking Machine Learning Engineers to help build and optimize our rapidly growing network. Our mission at Instagram is to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of classification and optimization problems, e.g. click-through rate prediction, click-fraud detection, image recognition, search ranking, text/sentiment classification, collaborative filtering/recommendation, or spam detection. If you are excited about building great product and pioneering new uses for machine learning, come join us in our New York City office.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of ML-related coding projects
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 5+ years of relevant experience or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence.
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Knowledge in developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
. >> Thank you for visiting NYC Jobs. <<
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.