Institute of Management Accountants
IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), a not-for-profit professional association representing accountants and financial professionals in business, is recruiting a Full Stack Developer in their Information Technology Group. IMA represents more than 100,000 accountants and financial professionals in business. Through membership we provide peer networking, extensive education programs, and leading–edge research. We also offer the rigorous and highly respected credential—the CMA—that is recognized as the leading management accounting certification worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced, versatile full stack developer, with an emphasis on back end development, who will engage with the user experience team to make technical visions a reality. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with front end code but prefers back end development. We’re looking for a developer who is passionate leveraging their development skills into practical and functional business applications. You must be a creative thinker with the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively, adhere to best practices and be a strong team player, as well as a proactive individual contributor.
As part of our team, you’ll be integral to the development and maintenance of our various platforms. You will also help to define and implement strategies to enhance our user experience, while ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs/solutions and technology platforms. This position will focus on increasing overall online usability and functionality of our various web assets. You will be upgrading, modifying, and developing new controls, implementation of various 3rd party platforms, along with other online marketing and technology initiatives.
You should be experienced in the latest web developing software techniques and highly proficient in the full spectrum of back-end development. Proficiency in developing for the web is required.
- Collaborate with an established team of developers and various department stakeholders
- Develop various product features, integrate user interfaces, and improvements
- Test, identify, and resolve scalability & performance issues
- Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision and direction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Related Experience
- 3-5 years developing for the web
- 3-5 years programming using ASP.net, C#, VB.net, SQL
- Excellent Visual Studio and other code editing tools such as sublime text or notepad++
- Excellent Development Environment Skills, using Remote Desktop, TFS, various FTP protocols, SVN / Git
- Excellent knowledge of ASP .Net MVC, Web Controls, VB and C# / ASP, XML, OData, and working with API’s
- SQL Server, maintaining databases, generating and consuming feeds
- Setting up and maintaining development environments
- Excellent at prioritizing, coordinating and meeting deadlines on multiple projects
- Provide input to technical lead and architect on development solutions
- The ability to work closely with our project managers, strategists, and external vendors to develop specifications, make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies
- Effective researcher with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience testing websites, identifying and correcting technical problems across multiple platforms and browsers
- Ability to develop and work with custom WordPress or Drupal websites a plus
- Knowledge of SiteCore CMS, Personify, and DNN (Dot Net Nuke) is a plus
Let us know you read through our complete job description by telling us know your favorite thing about web development and why you believe you’d be a great fit for our team!
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.