Audible is seeking a Product Management Director to lead product strategy, roadmap, and development in service of our strategic partnership goals. Based within the Product team and in very close partnership with the Business Development team, the successful candidate will be a leading strategist behind and champion of Audibles partner development efforts.
Key responsibilities include understanding our partner ecosystem and customizing our product launches with partner needs in mind; communicating vision, strategy, objectives, and KPIs for new partnerships; contributing to product strategy, bridging short-term execution and long-term vision alongside a cross-functional team including stakeholders from Business Development, Product Management, Tech, Design, and Finance; developing deep understanding of competitive landscapes to inform product partnership decisions; and producing opportunity assessments including product requirements.
You will focus relentlessly on customer needs, working with user experience designers to craft product features that will surprise and delight our customers. You will provide enough clarity in the product definition that our software engineers can build the product/features and our marketers can determine the product positioning.
You will be a leader on the ultimate vision and strategy of your product area. You will be responsible for the customer voice as you work with data, design, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and define the product.
You live and breathe consumer experiences across embedded devices, web, and iOS and Android apps. You understand seamless customer experiences from one platform to another and how they together form a whole, continuous end-to-end customer experience. You understand the cost-benefit analysis of each platform. You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs across a variety of surfaces. You sweat the details and tie them back to the big picture.
You have experience with and a good understanding of the streaming platforms market, distribution platforms, and new devices. You have strong product sense, as well as organizational and problem-solving skills. You are also experienced and comfortable navigating ambiguity and influencing without authority.
Youve worked with partner companies to deliver valuable and innovative customer experiences, balancing your own companys business goals with those of the partner. This work has involved opportunity assessment, pitching the initiative internally and externally, gathering requirements, and managing development through to launch, working hand in hand with external teams against a set of agreed objectives and KPIs. You are able to quickly learn and understand new technologies and business models, and you naturally seek out novel ways to delight customers and reach new audiences.
Youre an accountable, hands-on problem solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. You know how to influence others. Youre a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
· Drive product development from conceptualization through launch, creating actionable plans, work streams, and tactics and execute on those in support of new product features.
· Define and manage the product roadmap & strategy, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
· Establish and continuously update the vision and roadmap for Audibles experiences across a diverse set of partner integrations.
· Collaborate with technology, UX, and other product teams, as well as business development partners, to determine which features to move forward and in what priority order.
· Assess new business and partnership opportunities, balancing Audibles objectives and customer obsession with the goals of the partner to find win-win solutions.
· Ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned by driving mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
· Write market, functional, and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
· Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
· Manage the execution of initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
· Minimum of 6 years of experience in product management for partnerships/business development.
· Experience launching new products and distribution partnerships resulting in material increase of audience and revenue growth.
· Experience managing SDK/API integration with partners and external stakeholders.
· Firsthand experience working with engineering teams to build either apps or hardware: deep understanding of development cycles, milestones, documentation etc.
· Demonstrated ability to align and lead companys strategic initiatives with cross-functional teams [Tech, Product UX, Business Development, Marketing, Content].
· Experience in delivery and implementation of new product roadmaps.
· Strategic thinking and prioritization skills.
· Effective communicator & listener.
· Experience presenting and effectively communicating strategy to internal C-suite levels and external partnership teams.
· Experience building deep partnerships with business teams for long term roadmaps and planning.
· Exceptional writing skills. Audible has a strong writing culture: PowerPoint use is rare.
· Data-informed: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
· Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together, and break through stalled decision making. High emotional intelligence.
· Demonstrated experience in agile, lean startup product management processes.
· Sound business & strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
· Partnership integration experience in consumer apps, connected devices, and/or content streaming environments.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.