JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Athena is J.P. Morgan’s cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit, and commodities trading businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk management, and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
The role requires a technically strong and disciplined information technologist. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of the Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. A high level of interaction with the business is required as applications are revenue generating and directly used by the businesses globally.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
* Working experience in performant, large-scale system development in an object-oriented or functional programming language, for example, Python, Java, C++ or C#.
* Working experience in Linux and Window operating systems.
* Excellent communication skill in both verbal and written form.
* Strong analytical skill.
* Experience in troubleshooting and debugging computer software.
* Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently and credibly with the business users.
* Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness.
* Ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment.
* Experience in finance or investment banking as a system engineer or software developer.
* Experience in debugging a software on Linux or Window platforms.
* Incident management experience or the willingness to learn.
* Follow-the-sun support model, experience working across multiple time zones.
* Experience in software development in Python, Java, C/C++ is preferred but not required.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.