JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Cloud Log Senior Engineering Lead
Our Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focusedapproach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
GTI have started their journey of homogenizing their approach to products and build a trusted, integrated private cloud ecosystem, called Gaia Cloud, to match the experience of the public cloud – this is encapsulated in the GTI Strategy 2025 vision.
A fundamental corner stone for this vision is a consistent, reliable and standardized telemetry platform driving logs consistency across the enterprise to ensure logs are accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. To this end, GTI are seeking a highly experienced Gaia Telemetry Cloud Log Senior Engineering Lead.
As the Log Senior Engineering Lead – you will grow a team building a key part of our telemetry portfolio for our Log products. You will own and improve the systems running at scale to insure the logging intake can support over 160 TB of logs, are stored with cost in mind, and can be queried and analyzed.
Our Gaia Telemetry Log team owns the collection agent, intake services, processing and enrichment that deliver data to the various teams that use logs to manage their applications and services. You will support services like Spunk and Elastic Search and be responsible for uplifting these systems so they scale and operate in line with the target strategy.
* Own and support our data pipelines and collection agents, removing scaling bottlenecks in critical services
* Consolidate multiple Splunk environments into a common solution
* Mentor other engineers on your team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
* Lead a software development team that writes code to automate services within the log space to enable self-service and no manual tasks
* Run an agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver high quality work
* Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technical excellence
* Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
* Maintain and update appropriate documentation to ensure risk management protocols and strategies are met
* Lead technical direction and architecture with engineering teams
* Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets
* Driving practices in training, development and efficiencies across multiple feature teams
* Build a culture of continuous learning, growth and sharing of technical insights
You’ve spent years building high-availability, high-scale, production systems. You have a strong background in how data can proactively observe the health of systems and how the data can be used as a proactive measure to prevent operational issues.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 12+ years of experience with at least 8+ years in a hands-on software role
* 3+ years in product management at an enterprise software company
* Experience building and operating high-scale distributed systems
* Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on building high scale cloud native and SaaS solutions
* You’ve worked at high scale systems like Kafka, Redis, Cassandra
* You’ve built a non-trivial application from scratch that sees significant user traffic
* Experience building solutions in an agile manner using DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and build/test/release automation
* Experience building applications on and integrating with a hybrid cloud model that is across on-prem infrastructure and cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members
* Development experience with Java, Python, Go or equivalent languages and associated frameworks
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.