JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Working in Application Support means you’ll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You’ll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you’ll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
Looking for a highly motivated IT professional to join our Production management team located in New York, NY.
The candidate will be part of a team that provides Application Support for our Prime Brokerage/Finance users.
* Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
* Candidate is expected to be hands on investigating and providing resolution on issues, raised by the users, in a timely manner
* Ensure application readiness before use by conducting sets of pre-defined checks
* Involved in Incident management – able to mitigate outages within a short period of time. In some cases, candidate might need to coordinate with other technology team such as Development, Unix SA, DBA, Storage etc
* Involved in Change management – thorough review of changes before they are deployed to production to ensure they are no risk/exposure.
* Candidate must be willing to take interest on activities that contributes to production stability – war games, application failover test, automating manual or repetitive task etc.
Skill Set required:
* We are looking for a candidate with at least 1-2 years application support experience.
* Good working knowledge of Unix and SQL (Oracle and Sybase)
* Geneos monitoring (ITRS) not mandatory but a plus
With Scripting, Unix, windows & database knowledgeJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.