JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
J.P. Morgan’s new program, AreaX, is charged with taking concepts to working prototypes within six to 12 weeks sprints, by re-thinking processes across the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB).
Increasingly, we want to be at the forefront of new and innovative technologies whilst also staying relevant to our ever changing client needs. Ideating, designing and developing accelerators within AreaX help get ideas to market quicker.
A short development timeframe requires the team to be strategic and precise when deciding whether to mature a product or stand down. In addition to the overall feasibility of the idea, we consider data points such as long-term product strategy, monetization opportunities and current market trends.
We are seeking a hybrid UI & Interaction Designer who is passionate about their work, nimble, fast and has an eye for detail. You’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs.
We rely heavily on collaboration in what can be an intense and fast paced environment. Experts from our various fields in product management, design and development must all combine their knowledge and expertise within short spaces of time to not only answer a brief, but do it effectively.
Only high quality and strategically led outputs ever make it into the accelerator – which can be a challenge even on regular project timelines.
For more information about AreaX and JPM’s focus on innovation, see the following links:
As a UI & Interaction Designer you will utilize creative design-led techniques to help break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t. You’ll be proficient at communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and high fidelity interactive prototypes.
* A team player with a positive attitude. You enjoy collaborating with others to achieve design goals. Comfortable taking and giving feedback to provide the best design solutions.
* Can skillfully represent the interaction and visual design discipline, within a multi-disciplinary product team, when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors, and critics
* Enjoys new design challenges including those involving complex information, data visualizations, and interactivity
* Must be able to maintain healthy relationships with our business and technology partners
* Is curious and resourceful and with that, able to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company
* Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products
* Be an exceptional multi-tasker who’s quick and organized
* You stay up to date on the latest design trends and applications
* 4+ years’ experience working in a professional capacity as a hybrid UI & Interaction Designer on highly interactive and data rich applications
* Bachelor’s Degree required
* Understanding of visual perception and cognition in creating interaction rich applications, sites, mobile
* A strong portfolio of work emphasizing depth of experience with information, interaction, motion and visual design; its impact on human behavior
* Proven experience with rapid conception and designing for complex, innovative, experiences
* Ability to explain designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
* Understanding of methods and techniques to ensure the team is solving the right problem
* Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product design & development
* Detail-oriented with an appreciation for the value of strong visual aesthetics across everything you create
* Must be able to translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s
* Is comfortable using design and prototyping skills to rapidly refine the product concept based on user and stakeholder feedback
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview is scheduled.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.