Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Are you passionate about collaborating with a team of clinicians and scientists at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center?
The mission of the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO) is to promote precision oncology through large-scale molecular profiling of tumors and using this data to identify correlations to clinical outcomes. This work informs the treatment strategies of oncologists at MSK, providing tangible benefits to patients with complex tumors. Scientists at the CMO collaborate with clinicians and researchers across MSK to understand their work and design sequencing experiments to provide novel insights. This enables labs to focus on their research areas and not have to duplicate critical skills and experience in sequencing and bioinformatics.
CMO Informatics is a team of analysts and engineers responsible for portable/modular bioinformatics infrastructures, data analysis workflows, sample-level quality controls, and reproducible research for investigators. This team is seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer to build portable tools and workflows for reproducible analyses, and constantly identify new opportunities for automation. The team also helps investigators analyze their own data via a number of computational tools developed at MSK.
- A software engineer motivated to apply their skills to translational research
- A person who enjoys working in a team, but can work independently
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and solve problems
- Masters or equivalent in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or Biology with at least 2 years of software engineering experience
- Expertise with Linux command-line tools and cluster computing
- Advanced skills in Python, or some other popular scripting language
- Hands-on experience running bioinformatics pipelines on genomics and clinical data
- Familiarity with software unit testing and version control
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting ability; attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both biologists and coders
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.