POM Partners, Inc.
Reporting to IT Project Manager, the Applications Engineer will be responsible for providing support across all POM applications based in IoT and integrated via AWS IoT core, Rails backend and iOS applications. The Applications Engineer will coordinate the technical support & technical response across the lifecycle of the POM devices from early in the sales process, through implementation, and across Customer/Technical Support. Success in this role requires someone to have demonstrated success in a prior software engineer role, have a history of solving complex problems, has demonstrated customer facing confidence and may quickly demonstrate competence in the application and troubleshooting of POM systems both remotely and on-site.
The ideal candidate will be motivated by the challenge of solving a major societal problem in a dynamic start-up environment, and delivering a product and service that can, and has, saved people’s lives!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Quickly understand the social issues POM is addressing, how the POM technology uniquely addresses these issues and how to communicate POM, POM technology, application and troubleshooting effectively with both the POM team, prospects & clients
- Effectively apply the latest understanding of POM solutions & technology (Bluetooth wearable with cloud application) in customer facing, high stress/challenging interactions
- Quickly become the in-house subject matter expert, and continuously improve in, POM’s IoT systems and respective log files, Bluetooth, database and B2B applications
- Demonstrate competence supporting & troubleshooting IoT devices integrated via AWS IoT core, Rails backend and iOS application
- Support the POM Sales Team with application specific technology excellence and help prepare the POM Implementation Team for effective implementation with prospective and new customers
- Coordinate the response, root cause and personally execute the resolution of system disruptions and outages
- Serves as the contact person in support of production problems and release projects (this may include providing evening and weekend on-call support as required)
- Track and mitigate technical risks as well as lessons learned associated with any risk or escaping failure and communicate effectively to the POM team to prevent recurrence
- Participate on the cross-functional POM team to drive program development and product/service continuous improvement from the Applications Engineering lens
What You Must Bring to This Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (EE, computer science, software, hardware, etc.) – required
- Demonstrated success with technical support & troubleshooting – required
- Proven ability to communicate critically and clearly, both verbally and written – required
- Proven success providing an exceptional customer experience – required
- A history of exceptional attention to detail – required
- Proven success in a customer-facing, high stress role – required
- Demonstrated mastery responding to questions in a tactful & professional manner – required
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals – required
- Demonstrated history of being self-motivated & a desire to work effectively, autonomously – required
- Proven history of accountability & ownership – required
- A history of success working within Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT – required
- A history of success working within Bluetooth or similar communications protocol – required
- Demonstrated comfort with Rails backend and iOS application – desired
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and troubleshooting in the cloud environment – desired
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.