Job Definition Preview
The Applications Architect will produce Architectural solutions for projects on various platforms utilizing multiple technologies – including Cloud, Mobile, Analytics, and Integration with 3rd party software and platforms. The candidate will help to develop policies and set technical direction within the Enterprise Enablement SDG. He/She will assist in developing roadmaps to reduce technical debt; will evaluate tools, vendors, and products as needed. The Applications Architect will work on various projects which may include multiple development and DB platforms, integration, vendor analysis, and mentoring of development teams. He/She should be able to produce rationalized architecture diagrams, do trade-off analysis, and understand security implications for solutions.
- Advanced experience with Architectural Patterns, Architecture and Products Roadmapping, Security Architecture, Cloud Development/Architecture, Multitier Architecture, Public and Private Cloud Capabilities
- Excellent communication skills such that individual can communicate technical details to development teams, produce review materials for SDG Management, and present to the Architecture Community
- Effective communication, Accountability, Big Picture Thinking
- Bachelors’ and/or Masters’ degrees in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent in work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Now or in the future UPS employment sponsorship, such as H1B, TN, J-1, F-1, etc., is not needed in order to start or continue temporary or permanent employment with UPS.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.